green roof professional (grp) training & accreditation
In 2009, Green Roofs for Healthy Cities (GRHC) launched the Green Roof Professional (GRP) Training & Accreditation program in an effort to bridge the knowledge gap in industry training and best practice. Before this, no traditional discipline or training contained all of the competencies necessary for green roof success- from building science, horticulture, irrigation, waterproofing, plant physiology, structural engineering and beyond. Since then, over 750 individuals have successfully completed the GRP Accreditation Exam and earned the GRP designation.
Green Roof Professional (GRP) Training program is comprised of three courses:
- Green Roof Design & Installation
- Green Roof Waterproofing & Drainage
- Green Roof Plants & Growing Media
Each course has been carefully designed by experts to help you develop the knowledge you need to differentiate yourself within the market. Because the GRP Accreditation Exam is built upon the material presented in the courses, in-class and online training are the ultimate resources when preparing for the examination.
WHY SEEK GRP ACCREDITATION?
- Earn confidence and credibility in the green infrastructure field
- Distinguish yourself among industry professionals
- Protect your green roofing projects from sub-standard industry practice
- Optimize the range of benefits from your green roof projects
- Ensure projects provide long term results for maximum client satisfaction
- Earn up to 21 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for GRP Training course completion
- Benefit from policy that requires GRP Accredited staff
- Stay up to date in industry developments and best practice
- Become part of the GRP Community and benefit from an extensive professional network
- Demonstrate your commitment to the green roofing profession
HOW TO BECOME grp accredited
Several different options are available for obtaining GRP Training:
- Attend GRP Training in-class | Digital manuals included
- Attend GRP Training online | Digital manuals included
- Combine GRP Training online and in class | Digital manuals included
- Purchase the GRP Training Manuals | Study independently
In order to complete the GRP Accreditation process, candidates must:
- Successfully complete the GRP Accreditation Exam
- Register for and maintain a GRHC Membership, fulfilling 16 CEUs bi-annually
Who Should Attend?
The GRP training is designed for the following professionals:
- Landscape architects
- Roofing consultants and roofing contractors
- Landscape contractors
- Policy makers
- Interested consumers
Digital Resource Manuals for each course are included with tuition. If you are unable to attend a course, or would like to acquire Hard Copy Resource Manuals, purchases can be made through the Green Infrastructure Store, or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training for Groups
GRHC offers contract training for groups. For more information, contact email@example.com.
GrP Accreditation FAQ
For more information on the GRP Accreditation visit the GRP Accreditation FAQ page.