2016 Award Winners
The 2016 Green Roof and Wall Awards of Excellence recognized outstanding Design projects in eight different categories, as well as Individual accomplishments in policy development, research, and finally Corporate excellence through advertising and corporate leadership. The Awards ceremony took place on November 3rd, 2016, at CitiesAlive: 14th Annual Green Roof and Wall Conference in Washington, DC.
Click each project / individual below for more information.
|Green T Design||Alberta Ecoroof Initiative|
|Bridgepoint Active Healthcare|
|New York Green Roofs||Williamsburg Condominium|
|Bionic Landscape||Tech Deck|
|ZinCo Canada||Urban Farming at the Trent|
|Interior Green Wall|
|Nedlaw Living Walls||Edmonton Federal Building|
|Small Scale Residential|
|FXFOWLE Epstein||The Javits Center Green Roof|
|Hamid Karimi, PhD, DC Department of Energy & Environment|
|Richard K. Sutton, PhD|
|Architek Sustainable Building Products, Inc|
|Oscar Warmerdam, Sempergreen/Purple-Roof|
About The Awards
Green Roofs for Healthy Cities established the Green Roof Awards of Excellence in 2003 to recognize green roof projects which exhibit extraordinary leadership in integrated design and implementation. The awards also increase general awareness of green roof and green wall infrastructure and its associated public and private benefits, while recognizing the valuable contributions of green roof and green wall design professionals.
Thank You to Our Judges:
- Jeffrey Bruce, FASLA, LEED, ASIC, GRP; Jeffery L. Bruce & Company
- Terry Guen, FASLA; Terry Guen Design Associates, Inc.
- Michael Krause, Kandiyohi Development Partners
- Monica Kuhn, B.E.S., B.Arch., O.A.A. GRP; Monica E. Kuhn, Architect Inc.
- Christopher Lyon, Tournesol Siteworks
- David Yocca, FASLA, RLA, AICP, LEED AP; Conservation Design Forum
- Amy Falder, New York Green Roofs
- Virginia Russell, FASLA, RLA, LEED AP, GRP; University of Cincinnati
- Ishi Buffam, University of Cincinnati
- Youbin Zheng, University of Guelph
- Reid Coffman, Kent State University
- Peter Lowitt, Devens Enterprise Commission