2015 Award Winners
The 2015 Green Roof and Wall Awards of Excellence recognized outstanding Design projects in eight different categories, as well as Individual accomplishments in policy development, research, and finally Corporate excellence through advertising and corporate leadership. The 2015 Awards ceremony took place on October 7th, 2015, at CitiesAlive: 13th Annual Green Roof and Wall Conference in Brooklyn, NY.
Check out the project profiles in the Winter 2015 issue of the Living Architecture Monitor HERE.
Click each project / individual below for more information.
|Berry Architecture & Associates||Berry Architecture Office|
|Roofmeadow||Krishna P. Singh Center for Nanotechnology|
|Savino & Miller Design Studio||Aventura Optima Plaza|
|O2 Planning & Design Inc||Helen Schuler Nature Centre|
|New York Green Roofs LLC||TriBeCa Loft|
|Exterior Green Wall|
|LiveWall, LLC||Breathe Wall|
|Small Scale Residential|
|Johanne Daoust||Urban Rooftop Vegetable Garden|
|Roofmeadow||LeFrak Lakeside Center Prospect Park|
|Kevin L Shafer, P.E.|
|Dr. Bill Retzlaff|
|LAM Advertising Award|
|Carlisle Syntec Systems|
|Corporate Leadership Award|
About The Awards
Green Roofs for Healthy Cities established the Green Roof Awards of Excellence in 2003 to recognize green roof projects which exhibit extraordinary leadership in integrated design and implementation. The awards also increase general awareness of green roof and green wall infrastructure and its associated public and private benefits, while recognizing the valuable contributions of green roof and green wall design professionals.
Thank You to Our Judges:
- Jeffrey Bruce, FASLA, LEED, ASIC, GRP; Jeffery L. Bruce & Company
- Terry Guen, FASLA; Terry Guen Design Associates, Inc.
- Michael Krause, Kandiyohi Development Partners
- Monica Kuhn, B.E.S., B.Arch., O.A.A. GRP; Monica E. Kuhn, Architect Inc.
- Christopher Lyon, Tournesol Siteworks
- David Yocca, FASLA, RLA, AICP, LEED AP; Conservation Design Forum
- Amy Falder, New York Green Roofs
- Virginia Russell, FASLA, RLA, LEED AP, GRP; University of Cincinnati
- Ishi Buffam, University of Cincinnati
- Youbin Zheng, University of Guelph
- Reid Coffman, Kent State University
- Peter Lowitt, Devens Enterprise Commission
- Dr. Hamid Karimi, Department of Energy & Environment